Over 30 percent of long-term care facilities are outside major metropolitan areas. In rural areas, providers once inaccessible, because of distance and provider shortages, can now come to you on a consistent routine schedule.
Our Telemedicine Service is the secure, HIPAA compliant real time interactive communications platform that cost effectively brings the professional services of our licensed, highly qualified providers to work with your team to provide the best behavioral healthcare to your residents.
Benefits of Telemental Health
- Improves access to mental health specialty care that might not otherwise be available
- Brings care to the patient at your facility
- Helps integrate behavioral health care and primary care, leading to better outcomes
- Reduces unnecessary trips to the emergency room
- Reduces delays in care
- Improves continuity of care and follow-up
- Reduces potential transportation barriers, such as lack of transportation or the need for long drives for both patients and providers
Services can be delivered in part or in whole through Telemedicine along with On-site services. We will work to customize the best combination of service delivery for your facility.
Each provider is hand selected and trained to provide telemedicine services. Providers interact with the patients through live, high definition audio and video. With telemedicine, research has found satisfaction to be high among patients and mental health professionals alike. Telebehavioral health is equivalent to on-site care in diagnostic accuracy, treatment effectiveness, quality of care and patient and family satisfaction.
What you need
- High-speed internet service
- A Wi-Fi or wired connection to your network, accessible in patient care areas
- To Identify a member(s) of your care team to be the key contact for our telemedicine provider. This person will facilitate communications with your staff (nursing, medical, and social work), the provider, and of course the resident needing care.
Telemedicine can be delivered over common, everyday computers and tablets that have a camera, speaker and microphone.
Deer Oaks telemedicine, working together to bring the best care to your residents.
Ask us for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org